Playhouse Early Learning Centre is a child care centre based in Green Bay, West Auckland, with a lovely homely environment.
- We are open from 7.30am-5.30pm
- We welcome children from 6 months to 5 years
- High teacher/child ratios (our ratios are above the government requirement)
- We offer “20 hours ECE” for 3+ year olds
- Quality educational programme developed by our experienced team
- Primary care-giving for our under 2’s and transitioning children
- Home cooked nutritional meals prepared by our centre cook
- Awesome BIG “Kiwi backyard” outdoor area/playground
- Our high number of caring qualified staff helps to ensure your child receives education
and care that is tailored to their individual needs
What should you look for in a centre?
- When walking through a centre – check that staff are playing and learning with your children. This is a sign that they are educators, not just child-minders.
- Look for a centre that reminds kids of their home.
- Look for smiles and fun.
- Look for artwork and photos on the walls.
- Look for a good sized outdoor area where kids can stretch and get some sunlight while learning through play – climbing equipment, sandpit, water play, art opportunities etc.
Is childcare good for my child?
You can feel safe in the knowledge that you’re giving your child a huge head start.
From a recent Herald article:
- “Pre-schooling shoots pupils to the top of the class.”
- “Children who experienced quality education before the age of 5 are leaving their peers far behind as they head towards the teenage years.”
- “Those with pre-schooling are better readers, writers and mathematicians.”
- “Did not necessarily mean kids were expert readers before they went to school, rather that they had developed an understanding of the importance of language.”
- “Asking open ended questions, encouraging thinking in kids and creating a learning culture.”
- Children at 12 who were outperforming their peers had been to early childhood centres with indoor/outdoor equipment familiarising them with shapes and proportions from a young age.”
Want to learn more?
The Government’s Education Review Office routinely checks all childcare services in the country and compiles reports on them – please see below for a copy of our latest report